Restaurant and food reviews from Perth, Australia

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Get Fresh! (The Aussie Bite photos in The West Australian Newspaper)

If you're like me, you enjoy eating, talking, and reading about food.  Reading books, like my recently acquired Peter Gilmore's Quay, as well as reading articles, reviews and blogs filled with inviting pictures whets my tastebuds.

Every Thursday, the West Australian Newspaper brings us the Fresh liftout which is dedicated to food.  In the liftout, you can find food reviews, recipes, and photos of all of the above.  Personally, I find some of the articles inspire me to try out new things, or else make me hungry looking at delicious photos of food...  For better or worse.

The Fresh liftout from a few of weeks ago was a special "Perth's Best" edition.  This edition was filled with articles outlining the "best" of Perth such as best overall restaurants, degustation restaurants, low-key Japanese, late-night eats, degustation, coffee-cake places, and WA wines under $25.  I enjoyed this great unique edition that showcased a lot of highlights from good ol' Perth that you could keep as a reference.  As expected, the "Perth Best" edition also contained a lot of mouthwatering photos, and I was lucky enough to have a couple of images from this blog printed as part of its "Low-Key Japanese" article.

All this talk of food is making me hungry.  Time to eat some food.

In the meantime, if you're like me and enjoy reading up on food and restaurants and looking at some nice photos to go with it, you might like to grab a copy of Fresh in Thursday's West for a bit of a squiz.

Fresh Excerpt, 18 November 2010 - Courtesy of West Australian Newspapers

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard about Kiri before. The display for their food seems pretty good, though I wonder about the price. Mmm Sushi.

Adrian said...

Hey there.

I have posted a blog already on Kiri - just use the menu on the right to access it. In the blog I indicated prices of the dishes we had.

Anonymous said...

Woot I think your famous now that you have had your photo graphs published!

National geographic gourmet here you come?

Adrian said...

National Geographic Through The Lens - World Food Edition. :)

Anonymous said...

congrats! jb

Adrian said...

Thanks jb.